When Negligence Results in a Motorcycle Accident
People often assume motorcycle accidents are the motorcyclist’s fault. In reality, many accidents are caused by the negligence of other drivers.
- About one-third of multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes are the result of other motorists turning into the path of the motorcycle or failing to yield the right of way.
- Road hazards such as potholes and uneven heights between lanes can pose greater dangers to motorcyclists.
- Rear-end accidents can throw a motorcyclist forward off his or her bike resulting in serious injuries and death.
- Drivers and passengers in parked cars look for oncoming cars but often miss seeing a motorcyclist and cause injuries by opening the car door in the biker’s path.
Motorcycle Accidents Result in Devastating Injuries
According to NHTSA, 5,172 motorcyclists were killed in 2017.5,172 Motorcyclists were killed in 2017. Click To Tweet
When a motorcycle accident occurs, it is often more deadly. Motorcycle accidents often result in life-threatening or life-altering conditions. Traumatic brain injuries can affect a person’s personality, speech, cognitive and motor skills. Spinal cord injuries may result in partial or full paralysis. Other serious injuries include disfigurement, loss of limbs, internal injuries, and fractured or broken bones.
These devastating injuries can leave you unable to work, require ongoing medical treatments such as physical therapy, and lead to a lifetime of costly care and mounting medical bills. Families often suffer lost wages and emotional distress. A wrongful death can devastate family and friends.
Financial Compensation for You and Your Family
As soon as possible after your accident, you should seek the advice of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who can investigate the cause of the accident and advise you on a legal course of action to take. At Nash & Franciskato, we want to help you obtain compensation for:
- All immediate and future medical bills, which may include costs for full rehabilitation services and long-term care
- Lost wages and/or a reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Have questions? Contact our knowledgeable staff at (877) 284-6600.
Free Evaluation from Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Have you been seriously injured or lost a family member in a motorcycle accident caused by another? When you need an experienced auto accident attorney in the Kansas City area and across Missouri, the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm will fight for your rights. Contact us for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.