Aggressive driving causes accidents.
Some very telling statistics:
- An AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety study found that potentially aggressive actions – tailgating, erratic lane changing, illegal passing – are a factor in up to 56% of fatal crashes.
- According to NHTSA and the Auto Vantage auto club show, 66% of traffic fatalities are caused by aggressive driving.
What is Aggressive Driving?
NHTSA defines aggressive driving as occurring when “an individual commits a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.”
Aggressive driving refers to any number of unsafe, or even hostile, driving habits, such as:
- Excessive lane changes
- Improper passing
- Sudden acceleration, tailgating or sudden braking
- Blocking vehicles from merging or cutting others off
- Reckless, careless or erratic driving
- Failure to obey traffic signals or signs
Any driver that purposefully maneuvers his or her vehicle so that the chances of causing a traffic accident are increased may be guilty of aggressive driving.
Questions? Call us today at (877) 284-6600 and talk to one of our knowledgeable staff.
Speeding Leading Cause of Aggressive Driving Accidents
Over 50% of the five million yearly car crashes in the United States are caused by aggressive drivers, with speeding being the most prevalent contributor to this statistic.
“In 2017, speed was a contributing factor in 26% of all fatal crashes – and 9,717 people died in those speeding-related crashes. Speeders account for every 3 out of 10 drivers, or about 63.6 million drivers. It’s not just aggressive driving, it’s deadly driving.” Speeding:
- gives drivers less opportunity to react in dangerous situations
- reduces the ability to steer safely around curves and objects in the road
- increases the force of impact in the event of an accident
Legal Help for Aggressive Driving Accidents
As soon as possible after your accident, you should seek the advice of an experienced car accident attorney who can investigate the cause of the accident and advise you on a legal course of action to take.
The attorneys at Nash & Franciskato take the burden off your shoulders so that you can concentrate on what matters most, healing and recovering from your accident. We will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, finding out all of the details. Our goal is to help you obtain compensation for:
- all immediate and future medical bills
- lost wages and/or a reduced earning capacity
- pain and suffering
Our experienced car accident attorneys offer:
- Over 80 years of combined experience
- Trusted legal advisor committed to your needs
- Super Lawyers for over 10 years
- The AV Preeminence Rating for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
- Compassionate advocacy for you and your family
Call us today. Our knowledgeable staff is available at (877) 284-6600.
Receive a Free Evaluation from Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
When you have suffered serious injuries because a motorist behaved irresponsibly and aggressively, let the car accident attorneys at Nash & Franciskato help you obtain the compensation you deserve. In the Kansas City area and across Missouri, the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm will fight for your rights. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your case.
Resources for You
More blog articles related to automobile safety and accidents.