Dean Nash, Attorney
Dean has developed a specialty in ERISA benefit disputes. Additionally, he has represented some of the largest corporations in the U.S.
Dean has obtained multi-million dollar recoveries for those injured in accidents caused by highway pavement edge drop-offs.
“The most satisfying result came in the case of Melissa Horton, who was killed in a one-car accident on Interstate 70 when the car she was riding in went off an unmarked drop-off. She left a young daughter, Lindsay, to be cared for by Melissa’s mother. The claim was settled and a structured payment schedule was established so that Lindsay would be financially secure.”
Dean lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with his wife, Janet, and their three boys. Janet is a vice-president and assistant general counsel at American Century Investments where she practices securities regulation law.
After graduating law school from the University of Michigan, Dean clerked for the Honorable William Turnage at the Missouri Court of Appeals. He also served as a law clerk at the Jackson County Circuit Court.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Highway Defect Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1993
- Kansas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Assistant General Counsel, American Century
- Member, First Assembly of God in Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1992, Juris Doctor
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri, 1990, Summa Cum Laude
- Major: Economics, Political Science, International Relations & Public Administration
- University of Michigan, Summa Cum Laude