Brian S. Franciskato, Attorney
A firm believer in professional education and outreach, Brian speaks at conferences on topics related to civil litigation and evidence. His writing, published in several legal publications, also includes handbooks that are widely used by other attorneys. Brian is an active member of numerous professional organizations and a member of Missouri Trial Lawyers Care, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life in areas where members of the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers reside.
Most recently, Brian has distinguished himself through his work representing individual plaintiffs in serious personal injury, wrongful death, trucking and medical device litigation cases.
A lifelong resident of the Kansas City, Missouri area, Brian currently resides in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, with his wife Stacey Mortimer and four children. Stacey is an attorney with the Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and currently serves Of Counsel with the Nash and Franciskato Law Firm. Brian and Stacey are active members in the Lee’s Summit United Methodist Church.
Brian has litigated numerous cases throughout the United States, including Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Semi-Trucking Litigation
- Defective Medical Device Litigation
- Orthopedic Device Failures
- Construction Accidents
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1993
- Kansas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri, 1993, Juris Doctor
- Honors: Order of Barristers; Fred L. Howard Award for Excellence in Advocacy; American Jurisprudence Award in Pre-Trial Litigation and Practice
- William Jewell College, 1990, Bachelors of Administration
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude; Deans List, Mortar Board; Eons (Senior Honorary)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice, Products Liability and Medical Device Litigation Sections, Member
- The Missouri Bar Association, Civil Practice and Tort Law Committees
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Sustaining Member, Solo and Small Firm and Tort Law Committees
- Orthopedic Device Litigation Group
- Missouri Trial Lawyers Care (Mo-TLC)
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance (LEAP)
- Pound Civil Justice Institute, Member Fellow