4th of July Firework Safety Tips
The 4th of July is just around the corner. It’s a time to gather with family and friends to celebrate our country’s independence. Unfortunately, it’s also a time when serious injuries occur. We want to help you and your family stay safe over the holidays with a few fireworks safety tips.
Did you know:
- More than 50,000 fires are caused by fireworks each year?
- In 2015, US hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 11,900 people for fireworks related injuries?
Two reasons to use proper precautions when handling any firework.
- Be sure fireworks are legal in your area before using or buying them and observe local laws.
- Always purchase fireworks from a reliable source.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets. Never carry them in your pocket.
- Always have adult supervision with any type of firework activity.
- Make sure the person lighting the fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Never allow children to play with or light any fireworks. Sparklers may seem kid-friendly, but they actually account for roughly one-quarter of emergency room firework injuries.
- Never disassemble or try to make your own fireworks.
- Don’t point fireworks (that includes sparklers) at anyone while trying to light them or after they have been lit.
- Light only one firework at a time, never try to light multiple fireworks at once.
- Keep a bucket of water close by as well as a portable fire extinguisher.
- Don’t try to re-light any fireworks that malfunction. The best action is to soak them in that bucket of water to ensure they are out and then throw them away.
- Never light fireworks up in a container of any kind, especially one that is glass or metal.
- Remember, alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
The Nash & Franciskato team wants to wish you, your family and your friends a fun AND safe 4th of July holiday.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL
If you would like to receive news and blog updates on a regular basis, sign up to receive our email newsletter. Your email address will only be used to send you our newsletter and respond to inquiries.
When you need a personal injury lawyer in the Kansas City area, contact the lawyers at Nash & Franciskato for a free, no-obligation review of your case.
Our knowledgeable staff is available at (877) 284-6600.
Past results afford no guarantee of future results and each case is different and is judged on its own merits. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.