Stacey Mortimer, Attorney
[icon name=”phone”] 816-221-6600
[icon name=”phone”] 877-284-6600 (toll-free)
Stacey has distinguished herself through her work prosecuting various ordinance violations and handling miscellaneous firearms matters for the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department.
Stacey is a resident of Lee’s Summit, Missouri with her husband, Brian Franciskato, and four children. Brian and Stacey are active members in the Lee’s Summit United Methodist Church.
Born and raised in Dallas Center, Iowa, Stacey began her legal career in 1995 with the Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. She established the Eastern Jackson County Domestic Violence Unit, prosecuting various serious felonies, including murders and violent assaults. Through her practice at the Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Stacey was the recipient of the 1996 Warrant Officer of the Year award and recipient of the 1999 and 2000 Victim Champion of the Year award.
- Missouri, 1995
- Iowa State University, 1993, Bachelors of Business Administration
- Honors: Order of Barristers; Fred L. Howard Award for Excellence in Advocacy; American Jurisprudence Award in Pre-Trial Litigation and Practice
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, 1995
- Served on the Board of Advocates
- Honors: Top 10 Oralist in Moot Court Competition, ABA Regional Trial Team qualifier, R. Jack Garrett and R. David Ray Trial Advocacy Award (1993-94 and 1994-95), and the Rosco Anderson Award for Excellence in Moot Court (1994-95), Order of Barristers