Experience Matters in Trucking Accidents
With the gravity of injuries and rates of fatalities in trucking accidents in Kansas City, experience really does matter. Choosing the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm attorneys means, you benefit from the insight attorney Dean Nash gained while representing a major trucking company, an advantage in your favor.
The Nash & Franciskato Law Firm in Kansas City offers you an experienced legal team in trucking accidents who understands:
- The best methods and resources for documenting serious injuries and projected long-term medical costs from a semi accident
- The many complex regulations governing truckers and trucking companies, along with how to investigate and prove violations that may be critical to establishing liability in your truck accident case
Semi Accident Law Firm with a Track Record of Success
Our investigation of your injury-causing semi accident does not end with the information in a police report. Whenever appropriate our legal team enlist experts in relevant areas including accident reconstruction, fatigue analysis, and engineering.
Our semi accident lawyers will investigate all factors that may strengthen your case, such as:
- Violations of hours of service regulations, sometimes revealed by written logs or electronic tracking systems
- Improper or neglected truck maintenance
- Any failure of the trucking company to fulfill requirements for drug testing and vehicle inspection immediately after a truck accident – or to conduct proper background checks before hiring a driver
- $2 million settlement in the wrongful death of a young mother hit by a truck while walking her bicycle in an intersection
- $1.1 million total settlement for a driver struck from behind by a tractor-trailer whose driver had violated federal regulations for driving and logging hours
- $500,000-plus settlements in cases involving inattention and fatigued truck drivers.
Receive A Free Evaluation
If you need to understand your legal options and the likelihood of obtaining compensation after a trucking accident, contact our experienced semi accident attorneys for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Helping Truck Drivers Manage Driver Fatigue. Truck drivers work long hours, face strenuous deadlines and often have rigorous schedules. Is it any wonder that one of the leading causes for truck driving accidents is due to driver fatigue? Read the Full Post.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates and monitors trucking companies throughout the United States. The FMCSA website sets forth the regulations governing commercial motor vehicles and trucking companies and provides current safety data regarding trucking companies.
Human error is probably the most common cause of trucking accidents. A fully loaded semi-truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds making it very difficult to control in adverse conditions.
Causes that are specific to the trucking industry are things such as log book violations, weight and load violations, unsecured cargo shifting, drivers driving beyond the maximum hours allowed, poor maintenance on the truck, lack of pre-trip inspections, improper loading or overloading, and untrained drivers.