Kansas City Premises Liability Lawyers
Premises liability holds property owners legally responsible for accidents that occur on their property due to unsafe conditions. The kinds of incidents that result in premises liability range from a fall down unsafe stairs to dog bites or the failure of a landlord to provide adequate building security. Experienced trial attorneys may bring premises liability theories to bear on many other situations.
Premises liability laws are complex. The Nash & Franciskato Law Firm in Kansas city knows these laws, having successfully represented many victims. For you that means experienced personal injury attorneys who are creative, resourceful and tenacious in proving liability and protecting your legal rights.
Proving Causes for Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of premises liability cases. According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits and, of those, 1 million are due to slips and falls.
The attorneys at Nash & Franciskato Law Firm in Kansas City have obtained substantial settlements in numerous slip and fall cases by proving unsafe conditions like:
- Inadequate lighting and improper handrails on stairways, some of which constitute clear building code violations
- Failure to remove snow and ice from sidewalks or to mop up water after cleaning floors
Gaining timely representation in this type of accident is crucial in order to gather critical physical evidence. There is nothing stopping a property owner from clearing up what caused the accident, hindering the ability to prove your case.
Inadequate Security and Supervision Leads to Unsafe Conditions
Premises liability claims can also involve inadequate supervision in a care facility such as a nursing home or the failure of a commercial gym to complete background checks on employees, ultimately creating an environment susceptible to criminal activity. Unsafe conditions created by negligence may justify taking strong legal action to recover damages, such as:
- Failure of apartment building owners to properly maintain locks, smoke detectors and other equipment necessary for the safety of residents
- Police and other public officials taking actions that create a public hazard
- $450,000 Settlement against a restaurant for defective handrails and inadequate lighting when a client fell and broke her hip.
- $175,000 Settlement in a premises liability case where an elderly client fractured her hip when she fell down stairs that had an inadequate handrail.
RECEIVE A FREE EVALUATION
If you have been injured on public or private property due to unsafe conditions, find out what your legal rights are. Contact our lawyers in Kansas City for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Swimming Pool Risks, Safety & Liability. The school year is wrapping up. Warmer weather is here. And the time for swim play has arrived. Your kids will soon be begging to go to the pool.
Read the full post.
Slips, Trips and Falls: The Aftereffects. What happens after you suffer a slip and fall accident? Read the full post.