Auto Accidents: Leading Cause of Personal Injuries
Today, we spend a great deal of time in our cars and on the road. We eat in our cars, talk on the phone, text, and check email; we are a society of distracted drivers.
Add to this other negligent driving behaviors, such as aggressive, drowsy or drunk driving, speeding and just plain recklessness; it’s no wonder that auto accidents are the leading cause of personal injuries.
Experienced Auto Accident Lawyers Build Your Case
Auto accidents cause financial problems. Whether you are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian injured in a car accident, you need a trusted auto accident lawyer in Kansas City who is knowledgeable and well versed in investigating accidents.
Serious, sometimes catastrophic, injuries can result from automobile accidents. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent; others may require long-term treatment. Our auto accident attorneys have represented hundreds of car accident victims in Kansas City who have suffered:
- The wrongful death of a family member in a car collision, truck accident, motorcycle crash or other vehicle wreck
- A traumatic brain injury or severe spinal cord injury that may require lifelong care, adaptive equipment due to paralysis or reduced capacity and other imposing costs
- Multiple injuries, including broken bones, herniated discs or burn injuries that may require surgery and often have extended recovery times or other severe consequences
At the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm in Kansas City, we know what to look for at a crash site. Our auto accident lawyers know how to build a case that addresses your full range of injuries. Our legal team will substantiate the financial needs for you and your family, and throughout the process, they will provide you with personal attention.
Our knowledgeable staff is available at (877) 284-6600.
Financial Compensation for You
We target settlements and verdicts that compensate you for:
- All immediate and future medical expenses, including costs for full rehabilitation services and long-term care
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, lost companionship and other consequences that vary according to the accident, available coverage and a range of legal considerations
- $400,000 Settlement for our client who was driving a truck owned by his employer when he was struck from behind while stopped at a red light.
- $560,000 Settlement for a client who sustained a head injury in an automobile accident when struck from behind by a semi-tractor trailer.
- $3.125 Million Wrongful Death Judgment arising out of an automobile collision in which defendant driver crossed the center line and collided with plaintiff.
Receive A Free Evaluation
Have you been seriously injured or lost a family member in an automobile accident? In the Kansas City area and across Missouri, the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm will fight for your rights. Contact our lawyers today for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your case.
What to do After an Automobile Accident. Being involved in an automobile accident is a time of extreme emotions. While you may think you will know what to do, often, in the chaos and confusion of an accident it is easy to forget. Read the full post.
Texting and Driving Kills. In 2013, 3,154 people were killed in motor vehicle accidents involving distracted drivers and 424,000 were injured. Read the full post.
More blog articles related to automobile safety and accidents.
As we gather information from all sources about the accident, we also consider whether we need to bring in accident reconstruction experts, engineers or investigators who can help document the facts of your accident and prove who was at fault.
Our experience with all types of car accidents means we assess factors beyond a negligent, at-fault driver. We look at all legal angles, including:
- Highway construction defects, inadequate highway signage and other physical conditions that can cause or contribute to accidents
- Safety issues, often caused by defective tires or other parts on your vehicle, or others involved in the car accident
- Alternate or multiple sources of insurance coverage, such as coverage for drivers of commercial vehicles, your own umbrella policy or other parties liable in your case
Simply put, punitive damages are damages awarded to a plaintiff in excess of compensatory damages in order to punish the defendant for a reckless or willful act. Punitive damages do not always apply; they are typically sought when there is a willful disregard for the safety of others.